Do you have a date? Are you planning to meet the future partner? Do you want to surprise your discovery on the first date? Here are what we believe to be the perfect first date ideas to wow and show your creativity on a first date!
A first date is a springboard for all the things they love. It doesn’t matter how the new romance blossoms, through friendship or a chance encounter.
What matters is how special the first date is, that is why I have put together 53 first date ideas to impress your lover.
First dates are delicate, just like a first kiss.
You know you can’t make a hasty move, because you could end up ruining your chances in no time. And you can’t even try too hard unless you already know your date well.
Keep your level of intimacy in mind while planning a date because the comfort level of your date around you is very important for the date to be successful.
Plan your first date carefully, always keeping some exciting backup plans and alternatives in mind.
After all, the best first dates are the ones that seem perfect and memorable even if it seems like it’s all planned out at the last minute.
One of the most important criteria for a perfect first date is to keep it arousing without verging on discomfort.
Don’t go overboard on a first date. A first date should help both of you get to know each other on a romantic note.
You shouldn’t plan anything that will suck your date. Keep some ideas in mind, if the date goes well, you can always use the other ideas.
In all likelihood, your new sweetheart will talk about dating his friends. If you plan an exciting night out, the friends on your date will assume you are a great fisherman and will line you up with you before they even meet you. And that’s something you want!
Avoid boring conversation on a date
One of the most common mistakes people make when trying to court someone is engaging in conversations that are too routine or mundane. This can be a real turnoff for someone interested in you and can lead to a breakup.
The best way to avoid this is to come up with some fun and interesting topics of conversation. If you both have something interesting to say, it will make the date more stimulating and enjoyable for both of you.
What to avoid then? Here is a hypothetical scenario
“So what do you want to do?”
“I don’t know … whatever you like … what do you want to do?”
“Umm … I don’t know …”
That conversation is death on a date. It indicates that you haven’t planned your date or paid attention to impressing your date or doing something exciting. If your date asks you to suggest something to do especially if you’re the guy, be sure to suggest something.
The perfect ideas for the first date
First, contrary to popular belief, a movie isn’t a bad first date idea. Many boys and girls believe that a movie date is wrong because both of you would hardly be able to talk to each other. And this is true.
But again, sometimes it takes a while to get comfortable with each other, especially if one of you is shy. Sitting next to each other for more than an hour and a half in the cinema can help both of you feel more relaxed in the presence of the other. But just make sure the movie isn’t the highlight of the date. Do something else too, so that both of you can bond better and have more time to talk to each other.
I remember the first time I had a date with a great girl. It was a coffee followed by a movie in the mall followed by a drink and dinner. And we certainly had a great time!
Three first date tips to keep in mind
When you are about to organize the perfect first date ideas keep in mind these 3 steps and use these as guidance:
- Don’t take your date to an isolated location, especially if you both don’t know each other well.
- Play in the comfort zone of your date and never push them to do something that makes them uncomfortable.
- Don’t just go out on a date together. Always keep it exciting.
Don’t forget to make a souvenir from the date
The perfect first date is a delicate balance of spontaneity and preparation. While it’s important to let your date flow and not overthink things, there are a few easy first-date ideas that will guarantee a successful relationship.
Start by scheduling a couple of massages. A massage is an amazing way to get to know your partner on an intimate level and can be just the stress reliever you need on your first date. Plus, it’s always fun to share a relaxing experience!
If you’re both movie lovers, take your date to see one of your favorite films in theaters. This will give you plenty of opportunity for conversation and shared laughter, making for an unforgettable experience. And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try out some new restaurant or bar?
The point here is that you create a lasting impression of the happy type and play a big part in impressing them. Whenever they see the souvenir, they will think of you fondly. And this will do wonders in impressing your date before planning the second date.
There are so many things to do on a first date that it can be hard to know what to focus on. Here are some ideas that will make sure your date is a success:
The key behind the perfect first date ideas
Today there is no shortage of opportunities for spectacular first dates. Wherever you look, there’s a new way to enjoy a great first date. All you have to do is think creatively and plan something you know your date might like.
But beyond planning, remember the three stages of a good first date idea. Comfort. Adrenaline. Romance.
Do it right, and you have a perfect first date!
Keep your date in mind and mix and match two or three of these 53 first date ideas into one date, and you’ve got a date that will sweep your new sweetheart off their feet before kissing you goodnight!
Following these tips will help make sure that your first date goes smoothly and that you can create a strong relationship with your partner.
Top 53 first date ideas to woo your date
Here are some cool dating ideas that can help you make a great impression and also woo your date. But here’s a little secret you need to keep in mind. When you ask someone special for a first date, don’t just plan a business.
Of these 53 first date ideas, use at least a couple or more for each date. Mix up the combinations of date ideas so you can keep the date exciting while at the same time comfortable and romantic.
The best combinations to excite your date are comfort, excitement, and ultimately romance in that order.
- Go for a walk or a scenic drive. This can help us get to know each other better and bond over something fun together. Talk about the future. Discuss where you see each other until you find a mutually acceptable outcome.
- Fancy restaurant. Make reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. This will allow you both time to get to know each other better and discuss your interests and hobbies. Plus, it’s always fun eating out!
- Simple conversation. Take the opportunity to learn more about one another by discussing their backgrounds, likes, dislikes, etc. This can give you an idea of what activities might be fun together in the future.
- Invite You Lover For a Coffee. A coffee date is at best a comfort date. It’s easy and can help your date judge you for who you are without being overwhelmed by your surroundings.
- Restaurant with a view. If you have a choice, choose a restaurant with a view, be it a garden, the horizon or the sea.
- Amusement park. Pick some crazy rides together, and before you know it, the chemistry would sizzle with adrenaline.
- Green Park. Have a picnic in a park, especially if it’s a pleasant sunny day. There is something about staring at the beauty of nature that makes us all feel wonderful inside.
- A live concert. If your date is on music or their favorite band is in town, don’t think twice. Your date will be grateful and I will love you for planning a surprise concert date.
- Consider going to the Zoo. Walking through a zoo can help both of you feel comfortable with each other. It’s hard to hold back the excitement when staring at wild animals indulging in savage antics.
- Boat ride. Choose what you intend to do, a romantic rowboat or one with an oar or a jet ski to make the date exciting.
- Bowling. Bowling can be a lot of fun, even if it sounds like a total cliché. A little bit of rivalry on a romantic date always makes things more beautiful.
- Street fairs or carnivals. An explosion of color is a wonderful experience and it can’t get any better than a street fair or a carnival. You can spend hours together, act stupid, and still have a perfect date.
- Karaoke. Do you think you are the best singer for the bathroom or are you looking to impress your date with your performance? Nothing beats a karaoke bar.
- Clubbing. If you’re feeling a lot of chemistry already, wrap your arms around the date and make your way to a great night out!
- Watch a game. Does your date love a good game? Plan something together only if you think your date’s favorite team will win!
- Go to the movies. Movie dates are perfect for relaxing and experiencing the tingle of romantic excitement, especially when both elbows touch accidentally, of course.
- Arcade games. You might feel awkward walking into a store full of kids. But it will only take a few games and a few minutes of awkwardness to get that inner child out and have a wonderful date.
- A stand-up show. Standup comedy is always fun and a perfect date idea if you can pair it with dinner, both after the show and during the show.
- A One-hour learning lesson. There are so many one-hour lessons that are perfect for dates, whether it’s pottery, glass painting, or whatever. Make sure you go somewhere where you can finish the lesson with a souvenir.
- A short walk. Take a stroll down a quaint street you know well. Every few minutes on foot, find a new place to walk, whether it’s for a coffee or to try something exotic. Just don’t walk down a dark and lonely street unless you are looking for some dark corners.
- Wine tasting. The vineyard tours are very romantic and the brewery tours are exciting and fun.
- Live jazz. There is something very sexy and sensual about jazz, especially if you are both having a drink and sitting next to each other in a dimly lit room.
- A walk by the beach. A day at the beach or an hour’s walk by the waves can make both of you feel comfortable with each other. If you feel comfortable enough, don’t forget to hold your hands.
- Aquarium. Aquariums are perfect for bringing both of them together, especially while pointing to fish in a cool, blue environment.
- Museum. A museum may not be your typical date idea, but no matter which museum you go to, chances are you might find something interesting to see for a couple of hours.
- Farm trips. Go berry picking or take a stroll along the endless rows of low-hanging fruit trees and shrubs.
- Opera or a musical show. An opera or a musical show is perfect for a sophisticated date that loves a grand and colorful gesture.
- Ice cream testing. Bring your date back to their childhood by ordering a huge serving of ice cream with all the work for them. Just looking at it will brighten your date’s smile you can help your date finish it.
- Themed restaurant. Themed restaurants are always fun, but for a first date, opt for something with a romantic twist, whether by candlelight or a mariachi band.
- Fishing. Head down into a stream for some lazy fishing or rent a boat to bag those bigger fish, depending on what you want, romance or excitement.
- Gallery. If your date has an artist streak, be sure to take them to an art show or gallery. For someone who appreciates art, it is always a great experience.
- Planetarium. For stargazing lovers, nothing beats the tranquility of a reclined seat in a planetarium. It’s dark, cozy, and a completely out-of-this-world experience!
- Cook and eat. In a typical restaurant cooking and eating is a wonderful experience for anyone. It helps you bond and laugh while having fun, and awe when you whip up a perfect little dish!
- Watch a movie at home. Relaxing under a blanket with someone special can be romantic or sexual, as long as you choose the right movie. But only invite a date at home if you already know them well.
- Horse riding. Women love it because it’s such a sexy ride, and men love it because they feel more manly. Can you ask for a better combination on a first date?
- Nature walks. If your date is a nature admirer, hike a short trail before stopping in a beautiful setting to sit down together and spend a few moments of romantic time.
- Pool game. A game of pool or billiards can be a good casual date, especially if you both have time to kill before heading elsewhere. It’s a lot more fun if you’re helping your date learn the game or if they’re playing it for the first time.
- Historic sites. A journey down the road of history can be good for two reasons, it is peaceful and relaxing which can make your date feel comfortable in a company and they sell souvenirs. A souvenir would always make them think of your date fondly whenever they see it.
- Special events. Is there a special event in your city that takes place once a year? Special events and celebrations are unique experiences that can also be memorable and fun.
- Crystal watching. At some point on your date together, you spend some crystal watching your date. It’s a fun way to get a glimpse into your future and bond with your date. And if you find yourself an eccentric fortune teller, it will be something your date won’t quickly forget.
- Ice skating. Ice skating or ice skating for an hour is a good way to spend an afternoon together before setting off to do something else. It will bring out the inner child of your date and it will also be a laugh.
- A visit to a factory. If there are happy factories in town, be it an ice cream factory, a cookie factory, or a chocolate or pastry factory, make your appointment out there. It is unconventional and worthy of a unique experience.
- Flower show. If your date loves flowers, don’t miss the chance to go to a flower show around your area code. It is always romantic, especially if you give a date or a flower vase as a souvenir.
- Hot air balloon. Are you looking for an unforgettable idea for the first date? Well, a hot air balloon with a glass of champagne is sure to be something to talk about, don’t you think?
- Cook dinner for your date. A warm and loving gesture on a first date is a homemade meal. It’s not cheap, it’s personal, and showcases your culinary efforts and skills all at once.
- Old-fashioned restaurants. There is always a legacy that eats food in every city. It could be an old ice cream shop or a bakery that serves the best cupcakes or waffles.
- Spooky date. If the date is adventurous, go to a haunted house. Not the real type, but the fun type where all the ghosts and skeletons are jack-in-the-box and there is creepy music in the air. Whenever you see a skeleton appear, it will be a laugh or a hair-raising experience. Either way, it brings you both closer!
- Library. Are you on the first date with a book lover? If so, nothing beats a street lined with bookstores selling second-hand books. It doesn’t matter how many books they’ve read, but no book lover can hold back a smile when she finds herself amid thousands of signature books.
- Range of rifles. This is the adrenaline-pumping action at its best. If you want your date to be sold out before a meal, go to a range of shotguns and shoot a few rounds. It will work more than appetite.
- Indoor sports. Paintball and laser tag are great fun for groups of people. But sometimes, even a couple can be a lot of fun that is worth talking about on the second date.
- From the water. Do you have a calm lake or pond around your home? If you’re looking for a distraction-free romantic moment, pack a picnic basket with sandwiches and drinks and spend a few hours with friends.
- Old-fashioned pub. Old Irish pubs or quaint pubs where your date hasn’t been would be a nice way to spend some time getting to know each other better. And if there’s a happy live band with a violin, well, you’re sure to have a good time!
- Rent a helicopter. Looking for a truly great gesture to wow your date and woo him on a first date? Rent a helicopter for a ride and fly into the night sky. It’s classy, expensive, and something your date will love to talk about, during the date and after the date too!
Now you may have a huge list of great first date ideas. But there is one more thing you need to remember.
If possible, make sure your new lover leaves the date with lots of memories from the date. Not just flowers or a bar of chocolate you gave, but something they can take back from their experience at the date, like a clay pot from the pottery class or a cute little prize you won at the carnival.